Sunday 14 October 2012

IELTS


What was lee’s problem?

Well, as I have already said that lee was a Chinese and was not so very good at English, (though his Chinese was good which made me learn a bit of Chinese). He was a student who was aiming to go to Australia for he wanted to continue his studies there. Lee was a good student as I had seen his credentials which really made me think how can such a bright student have difficulty in speaking English but later I came to know that his medium of instruction was Chinese and English was just the subject and the teachers used to teach English only as a subject not as a the language.


Lee had to improve his English to take IELTS exam:

If Lee wanted to pass in IELTS so he started to work on the improvement of his English language. His English language was not good. He was able to speak only a few of the common sentence such as: How are you? How do you do? I am fine, Good Morning or Good Evening, Good Afternoon or other sentences which are a part of the day-to-day conversations. He was not even an average speaker of the English language. His level was below the level of the average English speaker. When he expressed his wish to pass in IELTS exam I was a bit surprised because he was expressing that thing in his broken English language which was not at all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment